Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Talent show

Okay so it really wasn't a talent show but we got to dance and got to see who couldn't dance(me) so I guess we could call it that. It was this Saturday. Topic was using our gifts to glorify God. Alfred did the jazzing and the part that really caught me was when he said we can so easily dance at parties, get excited about going places to dance but the excitement kinda fizzles out when it comes to God.
This is part of the UV team; Kgothi, Alfred, Sepati, Julius, Dawn and Ronnie.
I noted a few aha-s from the guys so the message was getting across although the guys were really few today, don't know why, the weather maybe. It was cold and I trusting in a short spot of sunshine did not take a jersey out and chose flip flops instead of a good pair of warm shoes.

Any way this isn't about me. So maybe the weather was the reason the guys weren't here or was it because it was the beginning of the month, maybe they went for money at home.
After Alfred did his part, Riette set the mood for the talent show, nothing like house music to make people forget their reservations.
These are the guys we meet every Saturday, well except for Julius, he's at the back in a grey jumper. He had just been leading their discipleship group.

Stretcher started off with the sort of moves I couldn't hope to imitate unless I wanted to look like...(I have to think of the right word). The next person caught on and the next, each one getting in the middle. Even I danced! If anyone knows me they would find that statement incredible and it was good fun although we almost had to tussle Sepati and Kenneth to dance.

Thinking of tussling, I might have to do that to get Alfred to teach me his getting to the ground trick. I learnt new names from the guys this week, Andrew, Ashley, Malik, Joseph. I have to pray for them. Would you do the same?

1 comment: